2017 Email Marketing Statistics
With 56 percent of companies using an email marketing provider, email marketing should be on everyone’s radar, if it’s not already. To keep you up to date with what’s happening in the email marketing world, we’ve collected some of the most interesting 2017 email marketing statistics.
- The average email open rate for the e-commerce industry is 16.75 percent.
- Mobile phones have 58 percent of the email market share, compared to desktop (32) and webmail (20)
- 56 percent of brands using an emoji in their email subject lines had a higher unique open rate.
- Mondays have the highest email open rate at 3 percent, while Fridays have the lowest at 11.9 percent.
- Plain text emails have a higher open rate than HTML emails. In fact, increasing the amount of HTML in an email lowers opens by 23 percent.
- 14 percent of email users live in North America, while 50 percent are in the Asia Pacific, 22 percent are in Europe, and 14 percent are in the rest of the world.
- Women click ten percent more often than men on mobile emails.
- 50 percent of Americans check email in bed, while 42 percent check email in the bathroom.
- 11 a.m. ET has the highest click-through rate for email sends.
- Including a call to action button instead of a text link can increase conversion rates by as much as two percent.
- A message is five times more likely to be seen in email than via Facebook.